12.05.2010

Mrs. Nicole Erin Wait Ohno

Yesterday around 430 my mom sends me a text letting me know that Apolo Onho will be at borders for his book signing. Okay I LOVE Apolo. a lot a lot. {and no this obsession with him isn't like every person that was suddenly obsessed with MJ when he passed..it's real.} Kristine and I have always had a place for him in our hearts. Which explains the heartattack we got while watching this:












And the tears of happiness during this:




My Mom and I went to borders at about 730 just to see how crowded it was. and of course there he was just chilling in front of borders in his tour bus. Every parking spot was filled so we couldn't imagine what inside Borders looked like. . .








When we walked in it looked like not a soul was there. Okay a few people but just the regular population at The Borders bookstore. We were so confused. We made it to the back and there was a small group of maybe 18 people waiting in line. I was shocked! Okay I know he's not some huge deal but if I was on some book tour and was coming out in 25 minutes I would want a few more people in line please. We waited and waited and waited (exaggeration: 35 mins). The books were checked to make sure the flap was flipped back the right way for him to sign. The rules were passed back for each person in line to read. Mostly just talking about how we should keep the line moving and he won't personally sign anything blah blah.


Finally a group of people walked in and my lovely apolo was in the middle of them. Although you wouldn't have known at the time because he is a SHRIMP. The people towered over him. He sat at his signing table (which I am sure he is thankful that it was a high chair) and the event began. It went so quickly. One of his guards who was watching the line yelled up to the front to "SLOW it down." because he had an hour to sign books and they were flying through people.


While waiting for our turn my mom and I planned how we would "do it." How I would position for the picture, what I would say to him, where she needs to stand to quickly snap it etc. Once I got up there I didn't realize what was happening. I had just locked eyes with the most gorgeous human being I have ever encountered. I am not exaggerating when I say that I have NEVER experienced someone's eyes as heavenly as his. His eye contact with me may have been short but it was all I needed for me to feel like I was his best friend. I AM DEAD SERIOUS. He was so genuine and kind. I felt like he cared about everything in my life. hahahah I can't believe what I am even writing but little do you know I am dead serious.


Something came over me and I forgot where I was. All I know was that I was 1 inch from Apolo. As his pen was to the paper he paused and looked up at me and smiled. . .I don't even know if he was wondering who to make it out to (because the rules had even said all he would do was sign his name) but all that came out of my mouth with a big cheesy grin was "Niiii...COLE." Just like that. Soft than LOUD. I felt like an idiot (after the fact) but for that brief 15 seconds-I was in love. He repeated my name but it was like I had never heard it been said that way before ever. Nicole. Nicole. Nicole. Apolo Ohno just said my name. And he said it like he cared. He looked up quick for a picture and as my mom said thank you he kindly says "you bet!" And then he just looked at me till I walked away and the next obnoxious stalker fan in back of me made their way up.


Every person in that line may or may not have had that same exact experience as me but---I don't think they did. It was me and Apollo. Just me and Apolo. My Mom and I were walking away trying to comprehend everything we had just felt and experienced in the past 15 seconds, that we forgot we had not even purchased the book yet. We almost walked out of the store in a daze. The rest of the night I couldn't stop talking about it. Also, I kept having thoughts about how no boy in my life compares to Apollo. Forget every single one of them--I will wait for Apolo till the end. Convert him. And live happily ever after. December 4th, 2010 at 8:20 PM will always be remembered. . .



side note: no, he's not gay. Haters.

1 comment: