Sometimes I can't believe what I wittness in the testing center and the different scenes people put on or trantoms they throw. It was only a matter of time before mine premiered..
I took a test which may or may not have taken me an hour and thirty minutes. What damage that did on my brain was probably wreckless. Once I was done I took it back up to the desk so they could record and I could see my score on that shameless screen on the way out. She looked at my test packet that held the questions and the conversation went like this:
"Did you write on this?"
"Nope."
"So this writing was already there?"
"Yes it was."
"Mhmm. Okay hold on just one second."
As I'm sitting there I'm wondering what the big deal is. If I knew it was going to make me wait an extra 30 seconds in there longer than I needed to, then I would have taken the initiative and erased all the stray pencil marks that she was making a big deal about. It wasn't even like someone had written in the answers for me. There was a matching section and somebody before me didn't have THE SMARTEST brain and decided to cross off each one as they continued to match. She came back and the conversation then went like this:
"Okay, so it's our job to check and look over the test to make sure it's not written on before we give them out again so you have to pay us $1 because you clearly wrote on this test."
____________ (HUGE SILENCE trying to control my rage because this crazy young woman just called me a liar. These people clearly just didn't do there job right.) "I'm not paying anything. I didn't write on that test..."
"Alright. Yeah, hold on just one more minute."
I was livid. I was ready to just have them NOT count my midterm just so they could see that I DIDN'T WRITE ON THE TEST AND I'M NOT A LIAR. Of course it had nothing to do with the measely 100 pennies that I had to pay. And to be honest if I had an extra dollar bill hanging around I probably would have paid her at this point JUST TO GET OUT OF THERE. After watching her talk to 2 "higher up" people she came back.
"You're good to go. Just remember not to write on the tests. Have a good day!"
I couldn't believe it. I smiled at her as I walked away frustrated just because she had to work on a Saturday but I didn't give her any response. I was so mad A) I had just been called a liar B) They wanted me to pay C) I just failed my midterm. {okay not exactly C but you know that feeling...}
Just another crazy, non-ethical day in the Utah Valley University's Testing Center.
Cheers.
So, you then killed her, correct?
ReplyDeleteOk I looked up idioic to make sure it wasn't a big fancy word I didn't understand. I couldn't find it so I'll just assume "idiotic" and get back to studying!
ReplyDelete