Well for Columbus day my mother and I went and took a trip on the scenic chairlift ride at Sundance. It was incredible. Except I figured out how I might be a bit terrified of heights. I had no idea. Although now that I'm looking back--I think it was just that I didn't feel secure. I had a camera, phone, and jacket flying all over the place and all we had to help us not plummet to our death was a measly old bar. My Mom was loving life and was like 'scoot over here'...'put your legs up'...'lean back.' Where did that come from??? I thought I got my hesitant/in-danger extinct from her. It was still such a fun afternoon though. Ten times better than the Moon-lit ride. You actually could SEE stuff. (which in my case wasn't the best due to my new unveiling phobia)

I was terrified that all of my belongings were going to fly out, but of course the only thing that actually did was Mama's sun hat. The kind boy at the top seemed nice especially since we greeted him (and everyone that passed) with a "Happy Columbus Day" greeting. So mother waved to get his attention as we were coming back down the mountain. He kindly retrieved the hat (even if he did have to hike down a ways which was kind of steep) and informed us that he would be tying it to a chair a few behind us. I think you just had to be there because we died laughing at the sight of the lone ranger coming down the MT.
That worker made it such a big deal that HE had to take it off and give it to me. I know he felt like a hero that day. Reaching that little guy to safety.
What a good Columbus Day with Ma.
xoxo



So Cute! Looks like you guys had fun!
ReplyDelete