September 24, 1925 - - - October 13, 2011
Jack Napier Wait was incredible.
And what an understatement that is.
I was so honored to have him in my life.
Trips to the Sacramento house, to have Gma and Gpa waiting at the door for us.
He would play in the pool with us (even if it was him doing his exercises and we were just playing around him).
It was all about the next family party for him.
Favorite color was red.
Love parades and watching the kids get excited at them.
Always knew you had some money in the bank on your birthday once his bday card came :)
Till the very last day he remembered EVERY SINGLE one of his family member's birthdays.
Remember feeling so special when they drove all that way to come to my baptism.
Once my grandparents moved to Bountiful I felt almost selfish because I could always be with them.
The way he would hold his hands was special.
So many secret recipes.
He was such a tender hearted/emotional man.
Loved that his ears were as big as my pinky.
It was never too late to play a card game.
Holding hands while saying a blessing over the food always happened.
...
I could go on and on about this sensational man. You could ask every member of my family and they would without a doubt say that G'pa Jack is their hero. I know he is mine. Thanks for being and continue to be in our lives. I'm honored to have you and Grandma watching over me. xoxo




Completely right, he is simply the greatest. Everyone I have talked to about him has only the best things to say about him. A HERO is exactly what he is to us all.
ReplyDelete