So one fall break Ma and Pa decided to surprise Markus and me with a trip...(sounds like bad grammar but it's right I promise}
{found out at the airport it was to the OC but I had no idea what we were doing..}
{rented the car}
{checked into the resort}
{went to a beach and walked through a tunnel..}
TO THE FAMOUS HOUSE FROM THE MOVIE BEACHES! (if you watch this link only watch until about 2:20 so you don't ruin it)
If you haven't seen it then GO get it. You'll cry and laugh.
It was being fixed up so that's why the gate was up but oh it was magical.
{then we ate at this Beachcomber place which was fabulous and usually has a huge wait so that was a treat}
{that night it was kind of colder at the beach..which is what my Mother likes so that was good for her. I forgot what exactly it was called but hey, it was BEAUTiful}
{had a few photo shoots}
{then tried to get on Mark's back which seemed to be a failure but the most hilarious thing. Usually he's good at it but I slipped right off his back into the sand. Just had to be there..}
{I love my brother. So glad we could keep each other company on this trip.}
{That morning I still had no clue what was in store for Friday...We woke up and drove about an hour to Long Beach to come aboard the CATALINA EXPRESS.}
{the boat was about an hour and hilarious as well. I have never been on a cruise but I hope it's not quite like that because the minute you stand up--you better grab a hold of something because you immediately fall down. We went out on the deck to get a few pictures wasn't a huge success because my lions mane went everywhere but it was a good time. I think those pictures were on my phone so maybe later..}
{I loved it. Like my Mom said-I felt like I was in Italy. IT WAS GORGEOUS.}
{don't worry there was buffalo everywhere. I loved it}
{we rented a golf cart for about an hour to take us around the island. That was probably a solid hour of Mark and I in the back laughing hysterically at our parents. Mom driving and Dad the navigator using the phrase "punch it" trying to inch up the massive hill. Trying to make it to all the different view points in one hour. Mark counting down the minutes. My bag and falling off and stuff flying everywhere on the street. Following the other carts thinking they are going to the same place we were. I would have signed up for another hour of that..}
{step right up for the best special around..}
{nighttime came and we had tickets for this pretty legit Jazz concert in this beautiful hall called the Casino I think. Dad loved it and it was good to see him enjoying himself. Mark, Mom, and I might have caught up on our sleep for a second or two though..}
That's pretty much where my picture roll ends because the rest of that night and the early morning flight was kind of not the best on your eyes trust me. I had so much fun being with the family and just getting up and going spontaneously. It was a much needed vaca. Thank you thank you, I love my Mother and Father!








No comments:
Post a Comment