My Grandma Pat is amazing. She is my step Grandma but I was born with her as my Grandma and the only Grandma on my Dad's side that I had so she was the real deal. And oh my goodness was she the real deal! She never treated any of us like we were the "step grandchildren" (and loved us more in my eyes.) She passed away a week or two ago which was a peaceful humbling experience for the family. Her suffering (due to a stroke) has ended and she is smiling once again. We took a few days to celebrate her this past week and it was amazing.



Grandpa and Grandma lived in Sacramento till about the time I was 10 or so and then they moved to our beautiful town Bountiful. It was amazing to get close to my grandparents, since I wasn't really close to them growing up. But having them there through my teenage years was even better. I would sleep at their condo they had and just play games all night. They were card gamers. I was always always on Grandma's team. If one of us was missing--we would be playing for US, the team. She was so strong in the church and kept her testimony going for all of us to see and build our own off of. My family was able to come from all across the country to celebrate this beautiful lady of ours and it was SO great. I love family.
cousins.

big and still growing.
one of the biggest examples in my life.


FREEZING but beat the snow by a couple hours. So lucky.
oldest to youngest. always.
we were able to go show our cali cousins temple square.
i was able to talk to some sister missionaries there and it was such a great time!
Grandma Pat,
Thank you for loving me. Listening to me and everything that was going on in my life. Thank you for cooking for me. Some of your recipes will continue to be made forever. Thank you for taking care of G'pa and being the love of his life. Thank you for your laugh and you perfume that is so distinct in our minds. Thank you for the love you have for music and encouraging me to continue with the piano. Your written testimony I have with me and will continue to look at it for strength throughout my life. I love you! Thanks for letting us celebrate you.
Love,
your card partner in crime. Nicole Erin.
No comments:
Post a Comment