You know what I decided?
Well okay maybe it wasn't ME that first decided it but you can pull of anything with confidence.
Alright not EVERYTHING. But I would agree 9 out of 10 times it's true.
Sometimes I'm afraid to wear weird things because it looks dumb. And I think well duh Nicole-it will look dumb with that confused/frown on your face. Maybe it's because I'm starting to get into this phase in my life where I don't care. I don't care that some things don't exactly match. I don't care that I might look stupid. I don't care that this is probably out of the norm--if you stand up straight and are confident, you can DO IT!
I was sitting with a friend positioned at a table talking about this exact thing today. Students began to come up to us and ask us different questions like we were apart of the committee that was putting on an activity just feet away from us. He was so nice and confident in answering these questions even though he had no idea what they were even asking. People would walk by and he would say "any questions? You doing okay?" And these students would immediately feel the made-up importance of my friend and look at the ground and say "no sir."
It was so interesting to me.
Anyway so I will continue to wear my mis-matching clothing or my BEANIE with flip flops even if I am accused of "mixing seasons"... I'm confident about it. Who cares :)
Ps. Thought this was too precious to ignore:

Did I fail to mention that you in fact ROCKED that beanie and flip flops?
ReplyDelete