9.06.2011

Bat death.


Once upon a time there was a bat. He loved living up in the corner of our porch. Okay, no I'm not talking about a huge bat but it IS a bat just the same. (yeah a scary ruthless bat, hopefully you get the point)


I have only seen it once and it was late at night in the dark (things don't seem that bad if it's dark and you can't see them right?). The other morning I came home because I was saying bye bye to my favorite sister dear and THERE IT WAS HANGING UPSIDE DOWN SLEEPING. Quickly went to through the back door where my Dad was startled to see my arrival from there so he KNEW it was probably because of the Bat. If batty boo only knew that was his last night to live...


The next scene I am about to describe--I only WISH I had a picture of. My dad got the hose and sprayed the bat down to the ground and continued to spray it (drown it). Then he's ringing the doorbell trying to get our attention inside. He called for me to get a shovel so I could "hit" it just to make sure it's completely dead. I was NOT about to go cut a Bat's head off with a shovel so I relayed the message to Mark and convinced him using the words "...you're the next MAN of the house.." and he grabbed the shovel and proceeded out to the drowning games that was happening outside the door.


Just looking through the small skinny window I could see water flying up everywhere and my papa yelling 'hit it AGAIN!' Some may disagree with our choice to kill the bat but it had it's chances to disappear and never return. I was able to get a pic of the dreadful crime scene.


Mark and Papa Wait: BatMEN!


RIP Batty cakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment