I have had one of those weekends where my eyes have been opened.
What kinds of things they have been opened to? I'm not quite sure.
All I know is that I have never felt so blessed.
Session director training for EFY was this past weekend. I was honored to be apart of a small group that performed the Musical Program for these fantastic Brothers and Sisters that participated. This way they could see what the youth would be doing during their week with us.
I think we were all (fine, maybe just me) a bit nervous on the drive up there because we had only gone through it all together once. And even then-we didn't all completely know it. When we got to the U institute we gathered together for some quick instruction and a prayer. Which I was so grateful for. It was such an amazing experience and we all did ten times better than I think we could have ever done. {once again, SO grateful for that prayer.} There is a rendition of "I Know That My Redeemer Lives," which is already my favorite hymn but it was so very beautiful. Looking around and seeing my friends singing their own testimony with me, all of the couples in the audience smiling back at us, and the beautiful art of the Savior that is on the screen--it was so powerful.
Another treat this weekend was to have Elder Christofferson come and speak at our Stake Conference. For some reason in my head, the newer apostles haven't really struck me in a way that yells favorite. Wait are we supposed to have favorite apostles? wooops. maybe that's just me. But I was still so honored to have him be there. By the end of the talk he shot up next to Elder Holland on the favorites! The way he presented his talk was nothing like I have heard before. The sincerity was so peaceful. His humor was great and it was good to hear personal experiences of his life where he actually did struggle. These men are messengers with such a sacred beautiful message. They know what is going on in our lives and pray for us often. They are on our team. Rooting for us each step of the way.

- When referring to D&C 64:10
10) I, the Lord, will forgive whom I will forgive, but of you it is required to forgive all men.
He said his first thought reading that scripture was how unfair! ..but when pondering it a bit, we need to realize that The Lord is really saying: 'Please forgive everyone. I'll take the responsibility from you to judge. I know the desires of their hearts. So leave it up to me. Please, just love.'
- This organaztion is to strengthen each other.
- Your interest should be feeding the flock and serving, please pray for that desire.
After he ended with his sensational testimony he asked for those that he had not met with or shaken their hand to please come up to him. Of course the whole congregration formed a line.
Once I got up to him he was cheerful as can be. You could tell he sincerely cared to ask my name and even where I was from. When I told him thank you for his example he said "Nicole, it is a pleasure serving you and especially the Lord. I'll see you soon."
What a remarkable apostle and positive servant of the Lord!
I think we can all strive to be a little better. And with the Lord's help we can achieve just that! This is such a time of rejoicing. Although we live in a hard wicked world, I believe that the light and joy we get by serving and being apart of this church beats. it. all.
No comments:
Post a Comment