4.13.2011

aubs.attack

In my family we have this funny little connection to our cousins called Birth Buddies. It is mostly who you are born closest too. And that somehow makes you close with them for life :) Having said that:

Aubry Nicole Wait Lopez (can you tell that we're birth buddies?)
turned 22 on April 11th.

We had a slow start there being best buds in our life because I think we lived so far away from each other. I'm not even sure what got us together, but something did and we definitely have caught up for our younger years. At our family reunions people always ask us how we all of a sudden became so close. I don't know. It happened and it was about time.
Aubry is always happy. I swear even when she's frustrated about something, she complains about it..joyfully. I never have been able to figure it out. She loves her family and the importance of families. She will always be asking about my life or others in it. I have learned so much from this pretty girl-she doesn't even know how much. When she would come and stay, I usually moved down into the guest room with her so we could catch up about our life. I remember just staying up till the laaate hours talking about our family, school, boys, and most importantly our love for the gospel. We just understand each other so well. Those convo's I will remember forever.
Last summer my Aubry Nicole met her amazing man and was married for eternity. To this day I am so upset for missing her beautiful wedding day but she will never know how proud I am of her. The decisions that she has made to get her to our number one goal is inspiring to me. Not to mention they are the greatest couple alive. I love that they come stay with us when they come because I can not get enough of them. Never.



I am so thankful for this little one in my life and for being there, paving the way for me. Husband Ricky took good care of her because I wasn't able to be there. Love you Aubs. Happy 22! Thanks for being my best friend & birth buddy.

1 comment:

  1. Love you and LOVE this post! Thanks for thinking of me on my birthday! I'm glad we are birth buddies. I hope I get to see you sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete