- Are we always going to lock our cars when a black or hispanic person walks by?
- Will we always think that because they are white that they are doing well for themselves and think they are better than everyone else?
- Will this country make English a national language?
- Are cops going to continue to be able to ask people to hand over their identification just because they are Hispanic?
I think it's odd that we are discouraging other languages in this country and doing everything we can to make english a National language but then the education systems are busting their butts and spending all of this money trying to make "dual immersion" schools. That is where the children get taught stuff in english half the day and spanish in the other half so that kids are brought up bi-lingual. I am not saying about whether I'm in favor of the National language thing but I just feel like some of our actions are not fully backing up that request.
I lost some respect for my fellow citizens and myself today.
There are a few things I will look at differently now.
We can all be better.
Well said, my love. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat post. Living in San Diego so close to Mexico you see a lot of racism especially with the hispanics. And now me being married to Ricky I have come to learn a lot more about it and try to be better!! Expecially since my kids will be half hispanic!
ReplyDeleteUm.... I just have a blog full to say about this controversial post... I love that other Americans besides myself are concerned about this issue. I started teaching English at night and there is this darling Hispanic man who just became a citizen. The questions they made him memorize... even I didn't know the answers too. Come on America... Let's be real here!
ReplyDeleteLove you.... wedding games. Bye!!!