1.29.2012

EeeekFY

You know those times when you just need to move on from something but can't? Okay I wouldn't say can't. I mean you have pretty much moved on but something is still connected with it... don't worry I'm just having a thought process here as I write this .... i AM actually 100% (k fine, 93%) moved on but I think because that something was so such a big deal to me, I am just having a sad time shutting my book on it.


and that little something is called especially for youth.


I know what a lot of you are thinking because a lot of you have actually said it to my face. Whether it is "I don't get your obsession with EFY" "You're crazy, marriage is so much better than EFY" "Why can you never let go of EFY or your EFY friends"


I've heard it all. And this is my thought:  you're all retarded.


I can love and believe in a program so much that I want it to succeed and still be the best it could be even when I'm not apart of it can't I? I owe a lot to that program. It has taught me more lessons about myself and my testimony than I can ever say. It has open my friendships to a whole new world of people. I have met some REMARKABLE youth that will change the world. I have changed my major because of the experiences that I have had with this program. It will and IS changing the world.










From 10 weeks full of teaching incredible youth 
to
a second long summer filled teaching incredible counselors
& not to mention a wonderful red bc family.












It took a lot to decline this summer. (just kidding shaun) Above I was wondering why I was still connected to it. . .I think I found my answer. It was a big part of my life and is a big part of how and why I am at the place I am now.


Along with the million things EFY gave me. I can't forget one of my most important ones:



who serenades me on the ride home with this gem which I forgot about:




"here's a riddle for you,
find the answer:
there's a reason for the world
You & I."

1 comment:

  1. I totally get it. I'm lucky I got to work a few weeks last summer. I was even considering accepting the week that I actually got married. It ended up being worth having those few days to myself. BUT, I can't get over the fact that I will have NOTHING to do this summer. Except taking care of a baby. But still. It's nothing like sharing your testimony with youth each and every minute of each and every day. I guess I'll have to do that with my own kids by the way I live my life. Make it a lifetime of EFY summers...

    Congrats again! And I'm sure you'll figure out a way to keep EFY in your life. :)

    ReplyDelete