So the music department at UVU is so incredible. The music professors have such dedication and kindness. I got to know one of the piano professors pretty well through my choir class that I took a couple years back. I have had the pleasure of making a deal with him this semester. If I tutor his beginner piano students--he will give me a few lessons every other week. Although I have been pretty busy so I haven't been able to do it a lot, it really is so fun. It makes me miss it so much. Going to Mark's piano recitals brings a flood of memories. Practicing, short finger nails, emotions, recitals, metronomes, competitions. Although I do miss the days of teaching and seeing that lightbulb go off in my students, I think I miss focusing and improving on myself more. You definitely lose it if you don't keep up with it. Today I got to lock myself in one of those piano practice rooms where the students take finals and practice and such. I ended up being in there for an hour. I loved it. Nobody could hear me. I had countless pieces that I could just flip through and sightread. I was surprised how powerful and motivating it was. If there is one thing I miss terribly it is my piano talent. Here's to making time for the things we love! Now where are my finger-nail clippers...
Happppppppy FRIDAY!

Thats awesome! I think I forgot you played the paino. Did you play the violin? My violin is sitting in my closet and I really do wish sometimes I kept it up. I will have to take lessons one day soon :)
ReplyDelete