5.19.2011

Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve..

What does that even mean? Looking up the definition I found:

'People who wear their heart on their sleeve express their emotions freely and openly, for all to see.'

All of my life I've been told that this is something I do not do. But who DOES do that? The people that get hurt time and time again? The desperate looking? People may disagree but I really am a private person (well try to be). So maybe I'm private in this aspect of my life as well. Okay, private is the wrong word. I believe I am one that is good at communication but I don't over-communicate. I express my emotions freely even if I do avoid confrontation (in most cases) at all costs. I don't think people realize that if you want to know something and ask me--I just might be an open book. But until that moment you're not going to see me running up to the first person I see telling them all my thoughts. With the romantic side of it? I'm sorry but I haven't reached the moment to declare my feelings for someone on a mountain top. . .and I don't think I'll get there. Not that I don't fall in love--it's just not something that I do. It benefits me the most so why would I care to "wear my heart on my sleeeeeeeve?"


K reading this I sound a bit bitter and I'm not.
And I'm an open book. Promise.
What do you want to know?

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way Nicole! I think it's ok :)

    ReplyDelete