5.24.2011

'will wash dishes for food'

So today Kristine and I decided that we wanted to go somewhere "nice" for lunch instead of just the usual drive-thru. I of course thought of Texas Roadhouse. We decided since it's just us and Papa at the house this week that we'll wait and go for dinner and invite Daddio. Also, we're just poor college students here so it's always better when Dad pays :) Well we didn't want Dad knowing that (even though he reads us like a book every time) So we text him "Texas at 5, we'll pay for ourselves!"

Once we get there I legitimately realize that my wallet is gone and in my other purse (and of course Kristine doesn't even think to bring hers). Well my smart father decided to play along:
"Well this is awkward..I don't think I even have MY wallet."
"You told me you would pay for yourself."
"I guess we can wash dishes..."
I didn't believe him at all until we're all finished with our meal and he has the most serious look on his face and says "No really. Who's paying this bill?" You should have seen the look of shock and terror on the Wait sister's faces. I guess we had it coming though...
{just pullin' out the costco card to pay the bill}

I love Jerry the jokster. More than anything.

1 comment:

  1. Your dads so cute! Where is your mom and Mark this week?

    ReplyDelete