Change
that is what's hard.
And it is mostly hard for everyone right?
Moving, new major, new school, new friends, new job, new ROUTINE...But like every selfish person out there-I believe it is the hardest for ME. I have the most difficult time with it. (yeah right I probably have the easiest life compared to some people. But hey I'm selfish remember?) I'm sure I can look back and see countless posts I have about change and how I am turning over a new leaf to accept it. Welp, still trying my best.
Something that has been on my mind a lot has been my new summer adventure. You all remember, yes look back and remember how you were all annoyed about my numerous-pointless posts about my beloved passion called EFY. It's time again. A part of me is thrilled. Okay I'm ALL the way thrilled. I have never been apart of something that is so great. Where you serve the Lord, your fellow co-workers and most importantly the youth.
I remember, miss, and crave my beautiful experience that I had last summer. I am so blessed to still be apart of the program even if it will be different than my experience from last year. I won't have kids this time. Instead, I'll have counselors. Last summer I knew I couldn't have both worlds as I would look and see my fellow counselors struggle and reach out for help but I knew I needed to put my attention to my kids. That hurt me. This summer I am so grateful to do all that I can for these wonderful strong women instead.
So although it will be different and full of great change, I am trying to have (and do have) an open heart to embrace the change I will be experiencing. The people I will meet and get close to. The team I will not be able to live without. The lessons the Lord has in store for me. And the person I will become from loving this change...

No comments:
Post a Comment