5.22.2011

The Gods Love Nubia.

My sophomore year of high school I was introduced to something that I soon realized I could not live without. No, no it's not Little Debbie Oatmeal cakes (that came at a later date). I went to an incredible high school showing of the broadway musical Aida. From that day I have been obsessed. The emotional connection that you have with this breathtaking story was something I couldn't understand! My sister has never seen it but of course I made her learn every word as well since it was only the right thing to do. Anyone who has the soundtrack (Kamille, you know we're instant bosom buddies because of this) or even has HEARD of it--you just went up 5 points in my book. One day I'll see the real thing in New York or something. But for now I will just continue to be obsessed with the soundtrack and watch little clips of the real thing.


3 comments:

  1. I LOVE Aida. It's amazing. I saw it at Hale Center Theatre a couple...few...I don't know how many years ago and then I saw it two years ago at the Tuacahn in St. George...Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also one of my most favorite plays. I have seen it now...um 4 times, and would go see it again in a heartbeat, and NOTHING beats the music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nicole, i just read this. i am so happy. i love it. in fact. i was just singing this song to myself this morning. love.

    ReplyDelete