3.02.2011

oh the tender mercies of the ortho.

For a couple days now I have been contemplating about a job that I will be doing in the summer. I probably do not know what I'm getting into and think about it often. When told about the job I was almost tears...okay yeah because of happiness but mostly because good old Satan stopped by for a second and dropped a stack of my insecurities in my lap. Can I do it? I'm inadequate aren't I? When it all boils down to it, I know I'll be able to do it and that there are so many great people behind me but it's just been pretty hard.

Then finally I received a fabulous tender mercy. I just love them so. While waiting for Markie-Mark at the Orthodontist the other day, I popped in one of the talks on CD that my papa had in his cd case. And much to my surprise it was a talk on Humility given by Spencer W. Kimball.
As I'm sitting there listening to how some of the things he was saying could possibly be helpful...it got to part of the talk where it was just like BAM.

"Frequently in calling men to high places in stakes, missions, and wards, they say they are willing but feel so inadequate. We usually say: "We're glad you feel inadequate. That means you will be humble and do all in your power to make yourself able. You will call upon the Lord, the source of power and strength." What a satisfaction it is to go finally again to the Lord for his benediction on one's effort when he can honestly tell the Lord he has done all he could possibly do in preparation." -Spencer W. Kimball (BYU Jan 1963)

I couldn't believe how perfect it seemed. And also how powerful President Kimball is. Here is a clip of his testimony so you can hear what he sounded like. Remarkable, touching man.




I know that this experience will make me learn to definitely rely on the Lord more and I'll be able to succeed to the best of my ability.
Know ye not that ye are in the hands of God? Know ye not that he hath all power, and at his great command the earth shall be rolled together as a scroll? Mormon 5:23


So having said that.
Here's to Summer 2011.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment