9.28.2009

Singles ward.

I used to watch the movie singles ward and just get a good laugh. Never in my right mind did I think that it was actually real or that our church singles ward actually was anywhere like that!
Having attended my stake singles ward..I now beg to differ.

My stake has a serious problem by not letting anybody go to the student wards. They said it empties the stake singles ward. YOU GOT THAT RIGHT, who in their right mind would ever want to go to the singles ward where 30+ year old men feast on new young prey like myself!?

Right before Sacrament meeting is supposed to conclude, the Bishop makes an announcement saying all new members come to the foyer to meet the bishopric. He then excuses everybody and you then see the old men make a run for the foyer ready to meet the new members, or their new wife as they see it. It is insane. I am all about meeting people but in due time and in the right place! This ward feasts on news of engagements and marriages. If a young women announces she's engaged, she is then treated like she won the freakin lottery!!

It seems like every other day they are having dessert nights, meet n' greets, munch n' mingle...however many ways you put it. They think up any way and every way to get all the singles together. We have our own lives with school and work, but yet it seems as though these charachters live for these "gatherings."

Some people think my opinion is rude and wrong. It has nothing to do against the church. I love it with all my heart! but I think the singles ward is getting a bit out of hand. From moving out in the summer and experiencing a student ward, the difference is incredible. I am ready to move out of my house and stake so I can be allowed to go to my assigned student ward! Any takers?!

1 comment:

  1. You never told me you have a blog! Love it! Yeah singles ward can be sooo overwhelming. Its a strange world that I'll never get used to.

    ReplyDelete